Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September 2009 Round up!

Yesterday I found the blog of Katie the Scrapbook Lady. What a great find! I haven't seen such a informative and well organized blog in a long time! I got tons of ideas in just the few minutes I spent cruising around, but one of them I'm going to implement now...the monthly roundup. Katie has been doing monthly roundups for years now, and she uses them to keep track of what was going on in her life while it's fresh in her mind. Then when she gets around to doing scrapbook pages from that month....she refers to her blog for the details. Brilliant!!! So here's our monthly roundup for September 2009

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I'm in the middle of Communicating for a Change by Andy Stanley. It's given me lots of great stuff to think about in one of my roles as a Sunday School Teacher. I also read a back to school issue of Flute Talk magazine, and it made me want to teach more flute students.

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Lots of new TV shows because they're not re-runs anymore!!! So glad to be seeing new episodes of House and CSI (the original). We are also watching lots of episodes of YoGabbaGabba as #3 is addicted to the show. (and honestly, I think it's wicked cool too.) Not a lot of movies. The last one I saw in the theater was Julie and Julia, which I absolutely loved!

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
It was the first full month of school, so we were in the full swing of our crazy schedule. We had a few fun playdates with friends. #1 started playing flag football, and dad is coaching. Very cute to watch. My husband and I also did a series of 4 skits in our church on stewardship. The first one was written for us, then I had to write the following 3. Definitely harder than I thought it would be, but the congregation really liked it, and I think learned from them.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I got a $25 gift card to Starbucks!!!!! For helping a friend decorate her baby's bedroom. In turn, I bought my whole family starbucks one afternoon. That was fun.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I got the #1 & #3 both got a pretty big virus. I got the flu - fever of 103! I felt awful. While I was about to die, my husband was running the house, even though he had a cold too. We both ended up finding a doctor and going for appointments. Somehow #2 never got sick.

What were my accomplishments this month?
uuuuuhhhhhmmmm........It's hard for me to think about my life in terms of accomplishments. I did design a tshirt for my dad for the volleyball team (see older post). I got the choir tour album finished and printed. I got a gift album made for my friend for her grandmother's birthday. I got 19 scrapbook pages done! And I made a magnet system for my husband to teach his 4-6 year olds their football plays.

What were my disappointments this month?
I had a few music students quick or reduce the number of lessons they take this month, which is disappointing for 2 reasons. I had to tell my babysitter, who my kids love, that I didn't need her to watch my kids anymore (b/c I had that many students quit), and she got another job. It's also disappointing because it's made our budget tighter.

Anything else noteworthy to include?
I tuned my guitar and started playing it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0