Monday, November 16, 2009

The Beginning of my December Daily

For a few years, I have watched with creative jealousy at Ali Edwards' December Daily album. She always does such an artistic job of telling her life story. I want to try to make a December Daily album. I loved the idea of documenting the little things that make up the holiday season. The first step, according to Ali, is to gather your materials. I've gone through all my scrapbooking materials in iPhoto, and tagged all my Christmas kits with the Keyword "Christmas." (For more on keywords and organizing in iPhoto, click here) After doing this, I realized that I had a big variety of Christmas and winter kits, and if I used them all, I was afraid that I would lose a cohesive look. Then Teri Mayo came up with an amazingly huge holiday kit called Merry and Bright. It's awesome, full of traditional and not so traditional colors and textures. It feels totally festive. This kit is huge too - 20 papers, 65 elements, a plain and an embellished alpha, felt and glitter styles......Check it out...

So here's my first page of my December Daily album. I'm hoping that each page will have room for 1 focal picture and a spot to tell the story of what's going on. Keep coming back to see more pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0