Friday, November 12, 2010

Swag...what?

Every once in a while, people ask me "What are Swagbucks?" Sometimes they see it pop up on my Facebook page, and they wonder what it is. Well here's a rundown on Swagbucks, and why I like it!

Swagbucks works like a search engine - like google or yahoo - you search whatever you'd search on the internet, but instead of going to google.com, you go to swagbucks.com and do your internet search. (For those of you who use a window in your search bar, swagbucks has a search bar that you can download) Then at random intervals, they will award "Swagbucks" for using them to search the internet. The bucks range from 7 to 100. I think the highest I've ever gotten was 50. I can't see a pattern. It appears to be totally random.

They keep track of how many bucks you've earned, and after a while you can buy stuff at the Swag store, and they ship it to you for free. Yeah. Free. I've gotten Starbucks gift cards, Target gift cards, cds, a vocal evaluation and lesson from a voice teacher in San Francisco (that was fun!). There are also clothing, jewelry, and electronics. I think I'm actually going to get my brother in law his Christmas present using my Swagbucks.

There are other ways you can earn swagbucks - special offers, watching videos, searching for codes, taking polls, sweepstakes (called swagstakes), but honestly, I don't really do those so much. I just search online. I've earned 800 swagbucks in the past 2 months. I can get Swagbucks when my friends sign up (it's called a referral), so if earning free stuff just for hanging out online sounds like something you'd like to try, then click the "sign up" link in the "swidget" below or click on one of my facebook posts. All you have to give them is an email, and they don't hardly ever send you anything. Only when they need to.

If you don't want to see my Facebook posts from swagbucks, click on the x by my swagbucks status and click "hide Swagbucks" (not hide Sarah...you'll never see me again if you do!)

Try it! Get free stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0