Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself

Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.


Most of the time, I'm behind the camera....There aren't a huge number of pictures of me. Most of the time, it doesn't bother me that much. I've tried to hand the camera off to my main squeeze or another family member so I'm not absent in our family's photos, but they aren't as careful as I am to make sure I look good in my pictures! How dare they!!!! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?? Just kidding....

My friend Jen - the talent behind J Dinkins Photography - took my favorite photo this year.

She took our family's photos this fall. They turned out amazing. We went to Alpine Groves Park. It was freezing - the first really cold day of the season. Jen was so easy going and relaxed, it made our family that way too. I remember the night before, I told the kids we were going to have our pictures taken, and that pictures were Mommy's favorite, and that they needed to do their best and not be "shy" or rude, and then we practiced posing a smiling. Each kid took turns pretending to be the photographer, and they put us in whatever pose they wanted, and everyone smiled. I don't know if it was the practicing the night before or what, but they all cooperated beautifully.

I love this picture because it's not posed. It's what our family is like. We wanted a picture of the girls and #2 was FREEZING!! She couldn't smile straight because she was so cold. I leaned over to grab her, and she started laughing, and Jen snapped the picture.

If you want to see more of Jen's wonderful photography, check out her Facebook page...HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0