Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A couple of Reverb10 catch up posts

Ok....so December happened...reverb10 went on the back burner. But I still like the project, so I'm going to do the posts that I've connected with and not the others. I'll probably do a couple per post, so hang on.



December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

Hmmm, different....I don't consider myself all that different. Probably the thing about me that is the most unique, and that people like (or possibly hate) about me is that I don't hide things. What you see is what you get. If I'm having a rough, stressed out kinda day, you'll know it. If I'm excited, you'll know it. If I'm disappointed, you'll know it. If I'm amazed at something you'll know it.

I show it in the way I talk, the lessons I teach, and how I interact with people. It's my goal to show it when I sing. I want people to see that I'm connected to the emotions in my music and that the words mean something to me. I try to be an open book. It can be a great thing, and it can be a bad thing too. When I try to be guarded, it doesn't work out so well...so open book it is. Love it or hate it, it works for me.



December 11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

1 - clothes that I hope will fit one day
2 - sweating the small stuff
3 - keeping things in my house I don't love
4 - overloading my schedule
5 - excessive calories
6 - doing things that I enjoy as hobbies as work. I need to just do the things I enjoy for enjoyment.
7 - doing work after 9
8 - more sedentary activities
9 - eating colorless processed foods
10 - excuses
11 - putting off inevitable hard jobs....just get 'em done and move on.

December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

It's funny that I chose this one after the last one. It's almost New Years, and I've been struggling with the idea of writing a resolution or not. I have 100 ideas of things I'd like to change and experience in the New Year. Having to write out the 11 things that I want out of my life made me realize the next thing I need to do is eliminate some things that are holding me down so I can do some things I'd love. I think the first thing is getting up at the same time (a little earlier) each morning, going to bed at the same time each night, and making sure I get some down time to rest.

I also need to do things that I enjoy just for enjoyment, not for work. For instance, I love music. But I work at music - I teach a choir, I teach voice and piano lessons, I teach Kindermusik classes. I enjoy all of those jobs, but I rarely get to just make music for pure enjoyment. I'm going to learn to play guitar this year, just because I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0