Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10 - Day 6 - Making stuff!

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? Author: Gretchen Rubin

I love this one. I make stuff all the time!!! It's what I love to do!!! Most of the time I just make a mess. Here are a couple things I've made recently.



Our Christmas Card....I love making Christmas Cards. I love making anything on my computer. I used a great picture by Jen Dinkins, some digi scrap supplies, a couple of fonts, and the Photoshop Elements computer program, and BAM, you have a Christmas card. I normally make them 4x6 size. I got ours printed at Ritz camera and they should be in my mailbox tomorrow. :o)

I also made this....



It's all the words from Luke Chapter 2 in a word cloud. You can make one free at wordle.net. It's easy. You type in the words. Wordle generates a word cloud. You change the font and colors until it looks good. Then you save it as a pdf or take a screen shot for it to be a .jpg. I tossed the word cloud into photoshop and put a red border. Then I uploaded it to an online printing service, and I'm having it blown up poster size for a Christmas decoration.

I etched candles as gifts for our friends. I used jar candle sets from walmart, sticker and stencil sets, painters tape and etching cream. It was a really fun project. I'll post pix and a tutorial later.

I also made fotobooks on Facebook of our vacation for our kids to put in their stockings. I took screenshots as I went along. I'll post them later too.

All in all - I like making stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0