Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb10 day 2


December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

Hmmmm....I don't really consider myself a writer. I enjoy writing, but not just for the sound of well-crafted, put-together words. My purpose in writing, in general, is teaching. That's my thing. It's the gift God's given me. One of my most popular blog entries is a post on how to use iPhoto to organize digital scrapbooking elements. The second most popular one is how to use iPhoto and iDVD to make a photo slideshow that you can watch on your TV. I really enjoyed writing them. I like most of the "how-to" entries I write. I guess what keeps me from writing them is that they take a significant amount of time to put together. I like to anticipate the questions the reader will ask and beat them to the punch.

So what prevents me from taking the time to write great tutorials? Life.

I'm not sure I want to change it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you on not changing life. i am a writer, and everything i do feeds my writing! glad you're in #reverb10.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0